Sunday, November 18, 2007

The cat has belled the nation

Well its been more than a year, and having been perpetually involved with college activities and then preparing for the notorious CAT exam, I have decided to resume where I left off...which is basically nowhere 'cos I never really started blogging anyway! Just 2-3 posts in mid-2006 and that was the end of it.

It is kind of ironic that I decide to resume blogging due to one of the very reasons I stopped in the first place....the CAT exam. This post comes to you on the big day itself...life after CAT attempt #1 has begun. The 150-minute bomb attack on the human brain is finally over. I described it as "notorious" initially because thats exactly how it is slowly turning out to be....just when u think that the IIMs are starting to appreciate the fact that making things tougher than they already are for the candidates doesnt help, they turn around and do exactly that!! While I used my strong sections - thats PS (Problem Solving) and DI (Data Interpretation) - to my advantage, my weaker section - thats the verbal section- is bound to thoroughly weaken my overall performance.

Well, as they say, miracles do happen. And boy do I desperately need one now! Just this morning, I wake up to find a miracle had been achieved by - or rather for - the English football team. Needing Israel to defeat Russia (which many pundits couldn't see happening) or an even more unlikely (next to impossible I should say!) Macedonian win over Croatia, English hopes of qualifying for Euro 2008 were hanging by a thread and weren't even in their own hands. But, lo and behold! Israel defeat Russia 2-1 and what's more, Macedonia defeat Croatia 2-0! A miracle has indeed been achieved, and the English team can not only go through with a draw against Croatia, they may even top the group!! That's the kind of miracle that's needed here. May the Gods favour us hard-working souls!!!

Rest later. You guys will see a lot more of me from now on in this section!

-Ari B

1 comment:

SADSDSD said...

nice post. glad to tell u that i empathize with u, my fellow aspirant.