Friday, April 16, 2010

Life....wassup...blah..

So much has been on my mind in the last few days, what with the IIM-Calcutta selection and everything, that I've been trying to think too fast.....and it's been scaring me to be quite honest. So I just decided to block it all out and distract myself for the time-being.....I've got 2 months to deal with it all and I'll take it one step at a time. I had the perfect distraction too: five seasons of 24!! What a show, edge of the seat stuff literally!! I watched the 3rd season in 1.5 days flat I think! Now in the middle of the 5th....! It's one of the few shows I've seen that actually makes me feel involved and in the middle of it all. It's not a series where I really admire any particular character or in awe of anyone, like Michael Scofield in Prison Break or Barney Stintson in HIMYM. Not even Jack Bauer....honestly, I'm not a big fan of his character, even though he ends up as the hero at the end of each day. He makes questionable choices and relies too much on instinct, which is sometimes surreal and hard to believe. What clicks for 24 is its fast-paced, high adrenaline action that grips you to the core, with each episode ending on an extreme cliffhanger. And I'm looking forward to much much more in the days to come..!

I'm missing the guyz at office tremendously.....those 20 months I spent there were the best of my life, and its taken a while to adjust to this new self-enforced break before my MBA. Thankfully, I bought my new HP Pavilion dv6-2159 laptop immediately, and its kept me busy :) The timing of my departure and the co-incidental shifting of offices for Su, Mark n Jidda seem to have brought a massive change to batch 3, as we move further and further apart.......I just hope those of you in Mumbai will keep meeting up and keep batch 3 alive....just 'cos you're in different offices doesn't mean y'all should never meet, so keep doing that.

Priorities have changed since the IIMC result.....unfortunately, I need to get back into study mode and prepare to compete with the best in the country in a couple of months time! It's a whole new ball-game now...and the prospect of having to mix it up with the creme de la creme seems both intimidating, yet exciting. I'm still waiting for my IIM-A result, and should I get that, its probably going to be the biggest decision of my life: A or C? I'm inclining towards A at the moment - about 52-48. Still need to speak to a few more people before I decide though....

Lots been happening in India and the rest of the world as well.....ash clouds (might as well be the name of a cloud computing firm started by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan) in Europe, Twittergate between Tharoor and Modi, IPL, Greek crisis, Sania-Shoaib saga etc etc etc. One piece of news I read today brought a huge smile to my face: fiiiinalllly, to the relief of thousands of fans across the world, Liverpool's American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillet Jr. have decided to sell the club and leave. And good riddance at that! Those two fools have taken the club into turmoil, resulting in our soon-to-be poorest finish in at least 5 years in the Premier League and loss of a Champions League spot. Their mismanagement and decisions have cost the club dearly, and they have dumped over $400 million of debt on the club. Although there have been quite a few tactical mistakes made by Rafa Benitez this season, I am definitely not of the opinion that he is to blame for the club's debacle this season; his hands were quite clearly tied. Lack of funds led to lack of quality on the pitch, and that coupled with Gerrard having his worst season ever and Torres out most of the time through injury has seen the club go from one disappointment to the other. Hopefully, the new owner(s) will bring in more room for optimism through greater support for the manager and funds to buy creative and quality players, especially in midfield.

That's it for now....back to 24! :)

1 comment:

adirockss said...

This piece was legen - wait for it - Dary!