Monday, June 21, 2010

A short, sweet and warm welcome...

It seems here at WIMWI, even though you're strapped for time, days especially in the first year just zip past. For me, classes haven't even started, but today sure has flown past before I even knew it. I finally got a chance to play TT.....had to trudge all the way to the new campus to get access to a TT table.......in that way, the guys in the new campus have access to all the fun....TT tables, pool tables, foosball.....whether they get time for all that or not is another issue! But 40 minutes of TT really took its toll on me, and I realized that if I were to stay up long enough and clock enough time on cases, sports unfortunately need to take a major backseat. Hopefully, the first lesson I learn out here in WIMWI is time management!

A nice nap in the afternoon (boy I sure will miss those!) was followed by the official welcome address by our Director and introduction of all the programme Chairpersons. Some familiar faces and names came up, and it was good to see some of the profs have a witty side to them.....hope to see more of the same in the classroom. Later in the night was an introduction to the Student Activities Committee or SAC. They gave us the requisite gyan on life at IIMA, most of which we already knew anyway thanks to our highly active Google group. An entertaining Q&A session ended the round of ceremonies for the day.

Orientation begins tomorrow.....quite a packed day it is too. Until the next, cheers...

No comments: