Monday, December 01, 2008

Time for a fresh new beginning

Well its been almost 11 months since my last post, and how time flies. There I was, in my final year of engineering (Good Riddance!), struggling to put together something that could be labelled as a "Final Year Project", looking forward to the last semester and the much-awaited Industrial Visit (which eventually bombed big time for me), and amongst other things, having just started watching Prison Break!! And here I am now, Arvind Bhaskaran, Bachelor of Engineering, a "Technical Associate/Assistant Manager" with the technology division of a financial giant, learning the corporate way of life (read: Carrom in the morning/TT in the evening, and in between, whenever time permits, a few presses of the Enter key, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, and filling up some excel sheets..lol), having a LEGENDARY time and doing things that I wish I had done more often during my 4 years of college life! Not to mention that I have added "How I Met your Mother" and "Heroes" to my list of regularly followed serials. Now, drawing inspiration from the fact that Mr. Suyash "Suppandi" Nikhil has started blogging, I too have decided to resume where I left off, and hopefully this time, a more consistent and periodic flow of posts will follow.

The beauty of work life vis-a-vis college life lies in one simple and yet extremely significant aspect: As soon as you step out of your office premises, that's it! Full stop!! Work mode off, Chill out mode On! Do what you want, go where you want, 'cos you're free in every sense of the word! No fretting about assignments to be completed at home, or tests to be taken the next day, or, the worst of them all, EXAMS! No more exams!! That is, of course, if one excludes all the competitive exams that we all end up giving some time or the other. I'm sure this is mostly true only in the formative years of one's career, but hell, live life in the present is what I always say!!

Anyway, so what else is up....I guess the recent audacious attacks by terrorists in Mumbai is the hottest ongoing topic of discussion for bloggers, but I'm going to refrain from commenting too much on the issue, as enough has been said already. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of reading and watching the same news over and over again. So, all I'm gonna say is, after all these years of brutal massacres by terrorist groups, and the level of inaction against them, I feel there's only one way out left if we really want to see results being produced: FIGHT TERROR WITH TERROR. What happened to the good old adage of "fighting fire with fire"?? Why wouldn't it apply here?? Are the terrorists completely cold-blooded?? Do they not have even an inkling of a weakness inside their souls? I'm sure they do, and that is what the authorities need to exploit. Sure, they may be able to withstand unimaginable amounts of physical pain even unto death, but how much mental and emotional pain can they withstand?? I believe there must be a limit, so these weaknesses need to be found out and taken advantage of. It may be a radical thought, but one can't deny that anything not radical can only be labelled as "soft" in these trying times! Enough said.

I was really disappointed in the way the media completely ignored the suffering that people in Tamil Nadu were also going through during the crisis in Mumbai. I cannot remember even a single mention being made of it anywhere in News channels or in the print media. The cyclone that hit the TN coast was devastating, and had it hit a place like Mumbai, I'm sure it would've been splattered all over the news. Agreed, the terror attacks in Mumbai were much more important and had a far greater impact on the rest of the nation and the world as well, but that does not justify not giving any airtime/reading space to the catastrophe in TN. It only re-affirms my earlier post on the media not being responsible enough and not realizing their true role in society.

I guess I'll sign off for now....will save some for the posts to come, else I'll pretty soon run out of things to say! That's one of the reasons why one doesn't find me talking on the phone too much....I hate it whenever there comes a point in the conversation where all we're saying is "Aur kya..", "What else", "So wassup"....! Chatting rocks in that way...if u've run out of things to talk about, just work on something else!! Anyway, until the next....Good Day!

No comments: