Saturday, December 20, 2008

Two and two together

It's that time of the year again....the day one celebrates his/her mere presence on this planet, the day we realize how significant and important we are in the lives of the people around us...and most of all how significant and valuable our own life is! Yes sir, "Arvind Jayanti" for me, you may say! Maybe someday Dec 20th will indeed be called that....maybe it'll be a bank holiday.....maybe there'll be a mail going out from a company to all its clients and employees citing "This is to remind you that the offices of XYZ Ltd. shall remain closed on December 20th on account of Arvind Jayanti. Normal business shall resume on December 21st". Maybe there'll be candlelight marches....a memorial...umm....a parade....no, not a parade....chuck that....hmm...a cheesecake-eating competition!! And the winner gets a free season ticket to watch Liverpool at Anfield!

Well let me ponder over what I need to do to achieve this....I guess the following are my options:

1. Start my own religion
2. Save the world from recession
3. Eliminate terrorism
4. Pick up a cause and launch a revolutionary movement in favour of it
5. Get Pakistan to back off from Kashmir
6. Become the first person of Indian origin to be selected as the US President and then humbly decline, owing my allegiance to my motherland
7. Create a human colony on the moon/Mars
8. Deliver a hit movie for Yashraj films
9. Finish an infrastructure project in Mumbai within first stipulated deadline
10. Keep my room clean for a minimum consecutive period of 48 hours

As the above tasks are not humanly possible by self, I would say....Arvind Jayanti?? NOT!

22 years have passed since I opened my eyes to the ceiling of Breach Candy hospital in Mumbai. Normally, some tend to dwell on their past on such occasions and introspect. Others like to look toward their future...plan, strategize, generate visions etc. Me? I live in the present...past is past, learn from it and move on, and let the future take it's course, don't mess with it....focus on today, never waste opportunities coming ur way, and most importantly, u only get one shot at life, so live it to the fullest! That is what i believe in.....will always keep believing in...

Anyway, as I type these words, my 22nd birthday officially ends...its 12 am....that's all for now I guess...until the next....

No comments: